Thursday, June 16, 2016

Wider

Dear Kerby,

I just got the Diana Super-Wide 38mm lens in the mail a few days back. I have yet to use it and test it out. It is hard to test it out when I do not have the programs to open the raw files that my camera produces. I have gone back to working with my old Nikon D70 just out of curiosity.

  • Using the lens on the Nikon D70 allows me to achieve the wider view as compared to the cropped sensor of the Nikon 1 V1 camera.
  • Going back to my old camera I realize that it is only 6mp, which might have been an advancement when I purchased the camera. The Nikon 1 V1 is 10mp.
  • It might be a nice lens but I am not sure I am going it justice by putting it on a low resolution camera body or one that crops the wideness of the lens

I have multiple Nikon lenses and accessories for Nikon cameras but it might be time to look for a camera body that can handle the wide view of the lens as well as give me more resolution, in megapixels, for making bigger prints. The V1 has been fine for many a years but a new camera body might be in the future. I will continue to use my V1 for years to come because I love most of its features. Maybe I can get some video footage with the super-wide lens attached to my V1.

Talk to you later,
Bluelaugh